Permanently Endowed Funds may be established and named in accordance with the donor’s wishes. Endowments may also be created with smaller gifts that the donor pledges to increase, over a period of time.
An endowment is an investment account that produces income. The income from the endowment can be restricted to support a specific scholarship, Chapter, program or service, or unrestricted to support areas in need. Only the income from this fund is used while the principle of the account is preserved. An endowment can be established in honor or memory of an individual or family.
Below is a list of Phi Kappa Sigma’s current programs, a brief explanation, cost, and endowment amount. The minimum size gift to establish an endowment is $15,000. For more information about a specific program and the positive impact it has on our Brothers please contact Phi Kappa Sigma International Headquarters.
- Grand Chapter is Phi Kappa Sigma’s biannual democratic Chapter Convention that has been held since 1869. As part of Grand Chapter, “The Phi Kappa Sigma Male College” educational sessions offer members opportunities to learn a variety of critical life skills and Chapter operations best practices.
- Program Cost = $120,000 every two years
- Endowment Opportunity = $1.2 Million
- Men of Honor Leadership Institute is an experiential values based leadership development program where participants learn principle centered leadership and how to create positive change. Men of Honor is held at an indoor retreat center each January.
- Program Cost = $40,000 annually
- Endowment Opportunity = $800,000
- Carroll Simons Institute is held biannually to provide an intensive program in leadership skills and chapter operations. CSI is held at an outdoor retreat center each August of years when a Grand Chapter is not held.
- Program Cost = $30,000
- Endowment Opportunity = $300,000
- Key Sessions are a series of leadership workshops that link chapter operations, core values, and Phi Kappa Sigma goals and objectives in order to improve chapter programming and member experiences. Key Sessions are held in at least 4 locations around North America annually.
- Program Cost = $10,000 annually / $2,500 per Key Session
- Endowment Opportunity = $200,000 / $50,000 per Key Session
- The Scepter Mentorship Program matches undergraduate mentees with alumni mentors based on common areas of interest and uses a professional personality assessment called The Birkman Method ®. The Birkman Method ® helps guide the mentor as he facilitates the program which helps the mentee gain self-awareness, learn critical life skills, set personal and professional goals, and create action plans to achieve those goals.
- Program Cost = $5,000 annually
- Endowment Opportunity = $100,000
- Foundation Scholarshipsare awarded annually to Brothers who apply through Need-Based and/or Participation-Based applications. The scholarships are used to help pay any educational expenses including but not limited to tuition, fees, books, supplies, etc. of the deserving Brother awarded the scholarship.
- Program Cost = $65,000 annually / $250 (minimum) for Individual Scholarship
- Endowment Opportunity = $1.3 Million / $5,000 (minimum) for Individual Scholarship
- Chapter Consultants serve as an information and support resource for members and travel to chapters to teach the Brothers various chapter operation and leadership skills. In addition, Chapter Consultants are experts in Recruitment and assist with Expansion and Recruitment efforts to help grow the membership of Chapters and the Fraternity as a whole.
- Program Cost = $40,000 per year per Consultant
- Endowment Opportunity = $800,000 per year per Consultant
The Endowment Opportunity figures above are based on a 5% annual return.